escape


Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

Henry David Thoreau

Furry Friend - Monday, September 2, 2013 @ 10:15 AM
A tiny furry body appeared outside my neighbor's fence. From where I was during a commercial break from the Ellen Show, I bolted from my seat to get a better view.

It was a chocolate brown poodle. She paused for a moment, staring past the gate as if anticipating a friend to greet her. Taking a few more steps, she soon arrived at the gate to my residence.

A gentle middle aged lady was at the end of the leesh.  She allowed four paws to pause as long as the latter required infront of my gate.

By this time, I was standing at the threshold of my house and watching the proceedings, hands clutching the Life! section of the morning's papers.  Be still my beating heart.  

The gentle poodle sniffed a little here and there at the gate.  Then it looked up and noticed my presence at a distance.  Our eyes met briefly before she continued to survey the garden.

The owner flashed a smile at me.  I returned her gesture as best as I could.  Perhaps they could sense that something was amiss - some bubbly friends missing from the picture.  Perhaps their morning walk was a little incomplete too.

Soon, the little one trotted along and was on her way.  

Labels: ,

>> 0 comments


home
recent escapes << >> previous escapes



Dare You To Move
Switchfoot



Best viewed with Firefox/Chrome